Monday, December 7, 2009

Problem/Solution: Ticket Prices

In my original paper my main target audience were concert promoters, tour managers, potential sponsors, and the bands who are financially involved in touring and controlling ticket prices. I proposed a solution to lowering ticket prices with a new business model for financing tours using corporate sponsors. In my paper I tried to keep a tone appropriate for a business situation like I was meeting with those people to propose my solution. For my new audience I decided to target concert goers. I decided to design a poster promoting a festival that would support my business plan. The idea was to design the new plan in a way that is pleasing to a concert going audience. I decided that a festival should be set up that is completely sponsored and free of charge to attend. Hopefully with the new system in place the concert could be free but all make sense financially. For the poster I decided to use relatively popular bands to draw a crowd. I put the sponsors logos on the poster while at the same time trying not to be distracting from the bands. The name of the festival, “The Real Thing,” has a double meaning that might be appealing. It is not only a catch phrase of the main sponsor, Coca-Cola, but also the title of the headlining band’s, Faith No More, most famous album. The poster is meant to be eye-catching and exciting while still being informative. I feel that the transition from audience to audience went smooth. The most difficult thing about this plan is the concert goers’ reception to the idea of corporate sponsors. I felt that the best way to show that this plan can work is to take an extreme example and promote its viability. If a completely free concert could work for the fans and the financiers that it would be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment